Wills, Probate & Tax


We can help you make a Will leaving your estate to your loved ones when you pass away. If there is no valid Will, then your estate will be distributed according to the Intestacy Rules, which might not accurately reflect your wishes. We can assist you in leaving property, money or other assets to your friends, family or charities, and will make the process as easy and straightforward as possible. Not everyone wants to consider what will happen when they die, but leaving a Will can make the process much simpler and easier for everyone involved at a difficult time.
If your family circumstances are more complicated or you are concerned about Care Fees, we can discuss Asset Protection Wills with you.

Tax & Care Fee Planning

It is often possible to structure your affairs in such a way as to minimise the exposure of your estate to Inheritance Tax, leaving your beneficiaries more money overall after you pass away. There are certain reliefs available for agricultural and business property, as well as for your principal private residence. We can also discuss with you the potential ways in which care home fees can be limited, and what can be done with your property, accounts and investments etc. in order to make the most of your assets.
We are happy to liaise with your Accountant / Financial Advisor to effect the tax planning advice they provide you with

Lasting Powers of Attorney

Lasting Powers of Attorney are formal documents which appoint one or more people to manage your affairs in the event that you are not able to do this yourself in the future. There are two types of LPA, one which covers your property and financial affairs, and one which deals with your health and care decisions. Contrary to popular belief, there is usually no automatic right for your relatives to manage your affairs without the legal authority granted in an LPA, and families can often run into difficulties if someone loses the mental capacity to make decisions and there is no LPA in place. It is very important that an LPA is made before capacity becomes an issue, so please feel free to ring to discuss the process in more depth.

Court Protection

We can assist you in making an application to the Court of Protection on behalf of people without mental capacity, or who are otherwise in a vulnerable position. Applications can cover the appointment of a Deputy to manage someone’s property and financial affairs for example, or could relate to their other assets or a specific welfare issue. These applications tend to take some time to be concluded, so in most cases, the sooner the paperwork is completed and submitted, the better.

01568 613236

28 South Street, Leominster,
Herefordshire HR6 8JB