Lloyds Cooper welcomes CV and covering letter / emails from any solicitors or support staff seeking employment regardless of whether we are actively recruiting for vacant positions or not. If you think that you have the skills and experience to be part of our team please send your details to the Practice Manager Alison Lamb at email@example.com
Commercial / Residential Solicitor Vacancy
Lloyds Cooper LLP is a very well-established law firm in Leominster, Herefordshire. We specialise in Commercial and Residential Conveyancing and also Probate, Wills and Trusts. We have worked hard to build a high reputation in all we do and are seeking the right candidate to maintain the high level of service provided to our clients within our Commercial / Residential conveyancing team. The main purpose of the role is to provide a quality and comprehensive conveyancing service with a customer service focus working in accordance with our CQS accreditation.
Conveyancing Experience is a MUST with the ability to hit the ground running.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- 5 years’ experience minimum = 5+ PQE.
- Ability to handle a diverse caseload of Commercial and Residential Property files.
- Ability to manage your own caseload is essential.
- Buying and Selling of Freehold and Leasehold properties.
- Lease Extensions and Transfer of Equity.
- Dealing with post completion procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Experienced in working with case management systems, The Land Registry website etc. Job Description:
- To give estimates of costs to new clients
- To take initial instructions for Sale and Purchase of residential and commercial property matters
- To open files and progress matters in line with departmental procedures
- To undertake administrative work on files including letter and form production and photocopying as required
- To liaise with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- To manage a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- To undertake any additional delegated tasks including dealing with pre exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- To manage post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- To manage post-completion work including stamping of documents, Registration and Scheduling of Deeds
- To maintain your own diary and handle matters arising, in liaison with others in the property team
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To achieve agreed levels of time-recording (as appropriate)
- To provide support to others in the Property Department as may be required
- To undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
The following skills are important for any solicitor:
- Good communication skills
- A careful and diligent attitude towards written work
- The ability to put up with the stresses and strains of the job
- A business-orientated mind
- A high sense of motivation
- Common sense
- The ability to remain calm whilst under intense pressure and scrutiny
- The ability to negotiate and remain diplomatic
- An analytical mind capable of assimilating and interpreting large amounts of information
- Good interpersonal skills
- A hunger to increase knowledge of legal matters
- A willingness to help others and appear sympathetic whilst remaining professional
- Efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in the firm’s computer facilities
- Excellent knowledge of residential and commercial property processes and procedures
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Ability to evaluate a situation in the face of time constraints and react appropriately, good time management, file organisation and personal organisation
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team
For more details or to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
28 South Street, Leominster,
Herefordshire HR6 8JB