The costs and expenses in administering an estate vary according to the assets and values involved in each particular case. The best way of obtaining an accurate idea of the costs and expenses likely to be incurred would be to telephone our offices on 01568 613 236 and speak directly with Rebecca Mainwaring.
Alternatively, you can email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also visit our website or Facebook page for more details and to send us a direct message.
Our team has over 30 years of collective experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to Wills and estate administration.
Our Solicitor who may work on your matter is:-.
- • Rebecca Louise Mainwaring
For more details on each member of our staff please visit the 'Our People' page of this website.
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
How much does this service cost?
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
As an estimate, we anticipate that on an estate where no Inheritance Tax is payable this will take between 6- and 10-hours’ work at £270 per hour inclusive of VAT. The total costs are estimated at between £1,620 and £2,700 inclusive of VAT.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This estate is for estates where:
- There is a valid Will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 3 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are no more than 3 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Disbursements are costs related to your matter than are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Disbursement to be paid in addition to our costs are likely to include;
- Probate application fee of £155.00 plus 50p for each copy Probate and we will usually need at least 4 copies
- £7 Swearing the Oath (per Executor)
- Bankruptcy only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- • Approximately £100 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors
- Approximately £110 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also help to protect against unexpected claims
Potential additional costs
- If there is no Will or the estate includes any share holdings (stocks and bonds) or where there is Inheritance Tax to pay, there are likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included in our Probate estimate.
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6 – 9 months. Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 6 – 8 weeks. Collecting the assets then follows, which can take between 4 – 6 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 3 – 4 weeks.
28 South Street, Leominster,
Herefordshire HR6 8JB